Wednesday 29 June 2011

2011 So Far - Number 2 - Portal 2 9/10


If there was one game this year that took me by surprise it was Portal 2. I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, not that I didn't like it just I never really played it, you wouldn't believe my surprise when I first played portal 2.

Portal 2 does what so many games these days fails to do. It provides an extremely fun and creative way to play a game, you shoot portals around giant rooms to solve puzzles, believe me it's a lot more fun that it sounds. The story is one of the enjoyable and memorable storys I have ever played through, with Steven Merchant staring as Wheatley's voice, you fall in love with him! He is goofy, stupid but so lovable.

Along with a kick ass story, Portal 2 comes with a completely separate coop mode which is playable online and locally. Having to solve these puzzles as a pair can be challenging, but my partner in crime and fellow colleague; Craig Shields, had a great time Platinuming Portal 2. Not only that but on the PS3 version you get Portal 2 on steam for free! What a steal, earn your trophies on your local Mac or PC! Truly one of the best games I have played, not only this year but all time.

Portal 2 reaches number 2 in our game of the year.. So far list, being beaten not by necessarily a better game, but a deserving winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment